Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

A-Okay

It occurs to me that I have simply neglected to post about the results of the blood test.

His blood test was 'unexciting', which is good news. But this still leaves the overt ribbiness as quite the mystery unfortunately. I'm generally clinging to the view that it's the lack of adequate grass statewide at the moment that is making it especially hard to put weight on him, so I do hope that when the rain returns he'll start leaning towards the fat side of things.

In other general Riggs news, I spent some bonding time with him on Sunday afternoon as I, and I feel so guilty, have not had the spare time to spend with him lately. I intended to pull his feral horse mane, but he had other ideas and wouldn't stand still long enough to let me detangle it! I then attempted to just groom the rest of him, but he really had ants in his pants at that point and was weaving and trying to run away from me and digging to China... And then because he wanted me to feel really bad about taking him from his paddock, he played the sore back card. This sort of irritates me a bit as some days he's ducking away from brushes and then, literally the next day, he'll be fine. Does anyone else's horse do this to them? I then gave up and just gave him a bath and he fought less with me over that, so that was a pleasant surprise! I even got sprayed with minimal water!! And then towards the end of the bath he gave in and stood quietly so I was able to detangle his mane - victory is mine! BUT, he wouldn't let me cut his bridle path properly and now he looks like a tool... one day I will conquer the head shyness. I thought I had at one point because he stopped pulling away from my hand going within the vicinity of his ears, but adding the scissors to the mix was too much. Little by little, we'll get there.

He also had a long pick at the grass on the lead (because he's got the great racehorse mentally when being hand picked that 'OMG I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO SEE GRASS AGAIN!) and he nosed a broom, which moved causing him to jump on me. Total ditz.

So that's what's new... I am going to see him again on Thursday and am going to pull his mane then while it's still nice and detangled so I will take some photos then.

I didn't realise I had any recentish shots, but this one is about a week and a half old - he's trying out his new fly mask. Is purple his colour?


1 comment:

  1. Purple is everyone's colour! ;-)
    Glad to hear blood tests showed no anomalies, Miss Kika is in a similar loosing weight camp so going to ramp up the feeding and see if we can put some fat back on her bones while hoping she doesn't get hot on us as her temperament and work ethic at the moment is exemplary...Fingers crossed I'm not just after jinxing things!

    ReplyDelete